FORUM RULES AND POSTING GUIDELINES
XForum101 is a community of individuals of all ages who are here to learn new information, to help each other, and to help their fellow peers. With that in mind, we ask that all members please follow these simple rules in order to create an atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable.
The rules are as follows:
- 1. You must utilize the information and instructions provided in these forums at your own risk. You waive your right to hold www.xforum101.com accountable for any damages if you follow or use any of this material.
- 2. Topics are used to categorize all of the forums. Please direct all inquiries and messages to the relevant forum.
- 3. Many of your questions can be answered by looking through the Tutorials section, the Glossary, or other posts on the message boards. To find your answers, please utilize the search functions at the upper right of each page. Feel free to post your inquiry if you’re still having issues.
- 4. All assistance must be provided in the forums or in accordance with our Terms of Service. Support cannot be sought or supplied via personal messaging, email, or remote desktop control tools.
- 5. If a topic is put in an inappropriate forum for the question, the staff has the authority to transfer the issue to a more relevant forum.
- 6. It is totally forbidden to publish any copyrighted material on our website.
- 7. On our discussion boards, profanity will not be tolerated. This will not be tolerated, and you may be suspended immediately.
- 8. Please use correct grammar before posting. Avoid using terms like ‘u’ for ‘you’ and ‘ur’ for ‘your’ in a ‘text-message’ manner. This is a multi-national forum, and some of our members who do not understand English must rely on translation software that is thrown off by abbreviations. Most of our volunteers are quite busy assisting as many people as they can, so a difficult-to-read post will be disregarded.
- 9. There shall be no racial, ethnic, or gender discrimination, nor will there be any other forms of personal prejudice. This will not be tolerated, and you may be suspended immediately.
- 10. There shall be no posts intended to offend or harm another member in an offensive or provocative manner. Flaming or provoking arguments are examples of this.
- 11. Spamming is not allowed; please keep all of your comments helpful.
- 12. Pornography, warez, or any other illicit transactions are not allowed to be linked in any way.
- 13. If you have homework-related questions, we will only be able to assist you with broad topics. We will most likely delete your post if you are hoping for a detailed solution or answer.
- 14. There will be no subject matter allowed that is intended to circumvent existing copyright or security protections. Staff maintains the right to remove content and/or ban users if a user persists and/or the behaviour is clearly illegal. This would also mean that encouraging or continuing to use pirated software is prohibited, with the same consequences.
- 15. You are not permitted to request assistance for the same computer in another virus removal forum while obtaining assistance in the Virus Removal forum. This is to prevent conflicting advice from causing your machine to malfunction or become unbootable.
- 16. Any offensive post may be changed or removed at the discretion of this forum. If this isn’t done quickly, the Staff will delete the item on their own.
- 17. Posts may be removed for any reason deemed fair by the forum administrators.
- 18. Pictures that are not explicit, offensive, or copyrighted may be posted.
19. You will not be allowed to add a signature to your account until you have made 25 posts, in order to reduce spam on the site. Signatures can only be 5 lines long or 2000 characters long, whichever comes first. You will be asked to alter your signature if it is greater than the authorized size or if it is judged undesirable. If you do not comply, your signature will be taken away.
- 20. Each signature can only have one image. Signature images must be no more than 500 pixels width by 90 pixels high. You will be asked to remove one of your images if you have more than one. If you do not comply with these guidelines in a timely manner, the staff has the authority to change your signature to reflect this.
- 21. If any links in signatures or profiles are commercial in nature, https://www.xforum101.com/ will remove them. Unless you are a member of certain member groups, you are not permitted to include links in your signature asking money. Those member groups who are permitted will be notified explicitly. It’s fine if you have a personal website or an off-site help resource, but you can’t sell things or services from your signature. Multiple links to the same site are not permitted in a signature, unless for a very particular reason, and will be removed.
- 22. Avatars have to be tasteful. This means no pornography, vulgarity, or rude or violent pictures. At the discretion of the staff, avatars that are deemed unsuitable will be removed.
- 23. It is forbidden to link to hatred, anti-Semitic, racist, pornographic, warez, or other unlawful websites.
- 24. Links in your signature must be unobtrusive, and they cannot be formatted to attract attention.
- 25. Email addresses are not permitted as display names for members. This regulation is in place to keep spam bots from harvesting your email address and spamming you.
- 26. On this forum, each member may only have one account. It is unnecessary to have more than one.
- 27. Any attempt to impersonate a user from these forums in any form of contact is strictly prohibited and will result in a ban.
- 28. To prevent page clutter, linked and locked topics are pruned on a regular basis. If you have a question about where your topic went, please send a private message to a Moderator or Administrator before beginning a new topic or posting a duplicate of the original. We’ll be pleased to send you a link to the new site, as well as an explanation for why it was locked and/or removed.
Any violation of these guidelines may result in the user’s account being deleted and their access to our website being revoked. The Staff will decide on the repercussions on a case-by-case basis.
When you post, you accept that the forum’s administrators and moderators have the right to change, delete, edit, or close any topic, signature, account, or profile data at any time. Please do not start a new thread if you have any queries about this; instead, send a private message to an administrator or moderator. contact us.